Encorp Atlantic’s collection & transportation service provider, G.M. Rioux & Fils, collects all non-alcoholic deposit-bearing beverage containers from redemption centres throughout the province. It follows a regular pickup schedule.
If you need to schedule a pickup or replenish shipping supplies (bulk bags, pallets, tubs, tags, etc.), please contact one of the following, depending on the type of container:
- Non-alcoholic beverage containers (Encorp Atlantic) : G.M. Rioux – 506-473-1764
- Alcoholic beverage containers (NB Liquor): Rayan Investments Ltd – 506-858-1600
- Plastic bags (Encorp Atlantic): G.M. Rioux – 506-473-1764
- Refillable beer bottles (local breweries): Department of Environment and Local Government to identify the local agent in your area.
Redemption centre operators are encouraged to take note of the following procedures.
- Oil Spill Procedure
- Notice: Recycling Plastic Bags
(PDF format – June 2, 2019)
- New Procedure: Labelling Bulk Bags Containing Plastic Bags to Be Recycled
(PDF format – August 26, 2019)
- Notice: The New 2019 Bulk Bags
(PDF format – September 10, 2019)
- Notice: Immediate Action Regarding Plastic Bag Recycling Program
(PDF format – November 12, 2019)
- Notice: Sort Number 7 Eliminated: New, Easier Sorting
(PDF format – January 8, 2020)
Please click on the links provided to download and send us your incident report form.
Quality Control (QC)
Redemption centres are paid a handling fee to accurately sort and count deposit-bearing beverage containers. Inaccurate container counts can pose a financial burden on the New Brunswick Beverage Containers Program.
Quality Control (QC) is thus a high priority for Encorp Atlantic. It should also be a priority for your redemption centre.
Encorp Atlantic uses a systematic sampling method to monitor the level of compliance and report on a regular basis to individual redemption centres with the necessary adjustments. More information can be found in the following document:
- Quality Control Measures
(Updated September 2019)