Recent results from Encorp Atlantic’s Re-Centre research pilot project continue to reveal interesting and changing consumer patterns. For instance, participants are willing to let their accounts accumulate to over $60 before requesting payment. This completely changes the paradigm of the value of the current 5 cents return on a 10 cents deposit. Even the payment options used by participants have evolved throughout the research period. The majority of participants (60.5%) now use e-transfer as their preferred payment type. The Re-Station cash out at retail option (19.11%) offered since June 2018 (Sobeys Vaughan Harvey, Moncton) has also seen an upsurge in popularity. Weekends remain the most popular time for consumers to drop off their used beverage containers.
Re-Centre Dashboard – Fall 2019
- Recycling Heroes Inspire Murals – Encorp Atlantic and Festival Inspire Come Together to Create Murals with an Environmental Focus Across the Province June 25, 2020
- Reminder: Reference Tools Available to Navigate Recent Changes to the Beverage Containers Program June 4, 2020
- No Used Beverage Container Should End Up as Litter! New Campaign – Launched During Canadian Environment Week – Aims to Make New Brunswickers Think Twice Before Littering, Always Choose Recycling Instead June 4, 2020
- Notice: Repayment of Redemption Centre Assistance Program (COVID-19 Pandemic) & Other Important Reminders May 22, 2020
- Notice: New Deposit-Bearing Beverage Containers + Cannabis Beverages May 15, 2020