Position to Fill: Assistant Controller/Quality Control Officer
Full-time, permanent contract.
Encorp Atlantic is searching for a resourceful individual to fill an immediate Assistant Controller/Quality Control Officer position.
The main purpose of the Assistant Controller/Quality Control Officer is to provide accounting and administrative support and services to the Controller.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Import and post all general journal entries into Sage – General Ledger
- Import all batches from EnSys (Encorp internal system) to Sage -General Ledger.
- Import all Batches from EnSys RE and PEI to Sage – General Ledger.
- Prepare and file monthly HST returns.
- Reconcile RBC and TD-US bank accounts, and various ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Run monthly receivable statements and initiate collection process of outstanding invoices when required.
- Run quarterly Distributor deposit missing payment statements and initiate collection process on distributors who have not remitted.
- Access monthly exchange rates and input in Sage.
- Administer and manage budget details and reports for shareholders and government agencies.
- Prepare other various financial reports on a regular basis and discuss with Controller in case of any irregularities
- Coordinate and source markets for non-contracted materials.
- Analyze Redemption Centre trends and volumes for abnormalities.
- Match weight of PET loads shipped to market with shipping manifest to assess proper shipping, ensure accuracy of invoices and identify possible irregularities in the PET pickup/shipping system.
- Produce monthly rate of return and bag yield trends. Investigate abnormal trends.
- Review the flow of material throughout the system to ensure all materials have been baled and shipped, investigate abnormalities.
- Sourcing and purchase of bulk bags/containers used in the collection process at Redemption Centres.
- Run and prepare monthly QC trend reports, identify and research irregularities, review with Controller.
- Support the implementation of quality control inspection system and reporting procedures.
- Source and purchase of Quality Control materials.
- Perform audits in stores, at processing centre, at waste commissions to determine compliancy with the Beverage Container Act.
- Act as the primary point of contact with external QC staff and redemption centre staff.
Administrative and Distributor Monitoring Support
- Prepare reports using Word and Excel and maintains statistics on various business matters.
- Book Outlook meetings, prepare documents, organize logistics associated with various meetings.
- Participate in review of RC and Distributor notices and policies.
- Primary contact for inquiries related to beverage containers in compliance with Beverage Containers Act.
- Communicate with new Distributors: guide on if they should be registered, obtaining Distributor Agreement and security deposits.
- Coordinate on external distributor audits performed by Divert NS.
- Maintain, remind and follow up with Distributors on completion of Sales verification reports.
- Assess distributors for obsoleteness and return of security deposit.
- Act as primary contact for all Distributors-related inquiries
Education and Expertise Required:
The Assistant Controller / QC Officer position requires that the incumbent have a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and office administration.
The successful candidate must hold a diploma in Accounting or Finance from a University or Community College and have 2 – 3 years’ work experience working in an accounting department.
- Competence in the use of word processing and Sage Accounting software.
- Above-average Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent competence in the use of the Internet for information research, e-mail, and IT systems generally.
- Ability to take initiative, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to manage information using effective filing methods and by using computerized information management systems.
- Ability to work with a large amount of confidential information and manage several budgets to accommodate business needs.
- Ability to work with and collaborate on projects with various employees in the company.
- Excellent problem-solving skills & decision-making skills.
Safety Requirement: The Assistant Controller/QC Officer sometimes works with the clients and/or contractors on their project sites at which time he/she is required to follow safe work practices such as wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment and following safety regulations.
Language Requirement: The Assistant Controller/QC Officer’s position requires fluency in both official languages.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to the attention of Colette Boucher – Controller, Encorp Atlantic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline to apply: August 6, 2021.