We hope you are adapting to the new normal of doing business as well as managing the current influx of customers returning their beverage containers. We are seeing very high volumes in redemption centres throughout the province! New Brunswick consumers have certainly been exemplary in patiently stocking their empty beverage containers at home during the temporary closure. With the busy season ahead, this spells good news and should help your business fully recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
Repayment of Redemption Centre Assistance Program
Encorp will start recovering the financial assistance paid due to the COVID-19 pandemic temporary closure. We will do so in a way which minimizes disruption of cash flow to redemption centres:
- The total amount for both advances that were paid to your redemption centre on March 25, 2020, and April 8, 2020, will be divided into twelve (12) equal amounts.
- Starting Monday, May 25, 2020, each of these amounts will be deducted from your next twelve (12) Encorp payments.
- You will receive in addition to your next payment letter, an adjustment letter indicating the amount of the deduction.
Other Important Reminders:
- Plastic Bag Recycling (Sort #30)
As previously announced, with COVID-19, G.M. Rioux can no longer pick up plastic bags (sort #30) due to sanitary reasons. We have ended our Plastic Bag Recycling Program and all remaining sort # 30 filled bulk bags should have been picked up by now. Redemption centres must now dispose of plastic bag waste in the manner they best see fit for their facility.
- Promotional Materials – New Deposit-Bearing Beverage Containers
Encorp staff will be visiting redemption centres in the next few weeks to deliver packages with promotional materials concerning the new beverage containers now part of the Beverage Containers Program – as well as other promos and tools, such as our Recycling Hero campaign poster, and handy visual aids on using bulk bags.
We continue to post frequent updates to the News & Updates for Redemption Centres page on our website.