Deadline to apply: April 23, 2023
Do you want to leverage your technical expertise to effect real-world change in New Brunswick? Want to work with a dynamic team that is leading the modernization of recycling for everyday New Brunswickers? Encorp Atlantic is responsible for managing over 350 million post-consumer beverage containers annually on behalf of hundreds of beverage distributors in New Brunswick.
We are searching for a System Administrator to join our team to help build and maintain the IT infrastructure that supports Encorp’s recycling objectives.
The System Administrator works within a small IT team and plays a key role in planning, securing, deploying, monitoring, and improving IT systems. The right candidate is expected to have a variety of skills to manage on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure and provides guidance and recommendations on current best practices.
- Plan, build, and monitor on-premise and cloud infrastructure (computing and networking) to support new and existing applications.
- Maintain Active Directory, M365 environment and user provisioning.
- Plan and implement updates (firmware, OS, drivers, utilities, etc.) on computer and network infrastructure.
- Plan and implement configuration and policy changes on computer and network infrastructure.
- Build on and improve monitoring infrastructure for computer and network infrastructure.
- Monitor infrastructure for operational and security issues and respond appropriately.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and test Backup and Disaster Recovery plans and procedures.
- Plan, implement and monitor various security solutions.
- Mentor and train other staff on newly deployed systems and technologies.
- Track and manage 3rd party software and hardware support lifecycles.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operations, and maintenance of IT systems at Encorp.
- Work with Managed Service Providers as required to resolve issues or to support new projects.
- Perform analyses for cost optimization of cloud resources.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Respond to system emergencies outside of normal working hours.
- Offer support and technical assistance to corporate end-users for hardware and software (M365, Line of Business applications, telecommunications, videoconferencing, audio/visual, etc.).
- Offer support and technical assistance to client end-users for hardware and software (Point-of-Sale systems, etc.).
- Identify common issues that need long-term resolution.
- Participate in on-call rotation for IT support.
A minimum of five years of experience as a System Administrator is required. This position requires that the incumbent possess a relevant diploma or degree from a recognized university or college.
Experience should include:
- Managing Active Directory and Microsoft 365 environments.
- Designing, deploying and maintaining cloud solutions.
- Implementation and administration of Endpoint Management Solutions.
- Managing a large number of endpoints across multiple sites.
- Managing a variety of networks (LAN, WAN, Firewalls and VPNs).
- Managing server backup and recovery.
- Implementing monitoring and security solutions.
- Providing technical support to a variety of end-users.
- Creating scripts and leveraging tools to automate deployments, updates, and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Azure solutions (AzureAD, Defender, Storage, Compute, Networking)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (IP addressing, firewall configuration, DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of Intune or other Endpoint Management Solutions
- Knowledge of Defender for Endpoint or other EDR/XDR solutions would be an asset.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server would be an asset.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Python, Bash would be an asset.
- Azure DevOps and/or other automation tools would be an asset.
- Any cloud, security or networking certifications would also be an asset.
Competencies Required include:
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written).
- Good organization and project coordination skills with the ability to manage time and priorities.
- Ability to plan, analyze, solve problems, make critical decisions, and assess risks.
- Demonstrates initiative, judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work without sustained supervision, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate technology advice and knowledge sharing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and flexible.
Work With Us
You will be working with a small, dynamic, and flexible team that is here to help you succeed.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program (health, vision & dental plan, RRSP matching, health & fitness benefit). We also value and provide continuous development and training.
If you wish to apply, send your cover letter and CV to Tim Pidgeon – IT & Engineering Team Lead – email@example.com – before April 23, 2023.