Deadline to apply: April 23, 2023
Do you want to leverage your technical expertise to effect real-world change in New Brunswick? Want to work with a dynamic team that is leading the modernization of recycling for everyday New Brunswickers? Encorp Atlantic is responsible for managing over 350 million post-consumer beverage containers annually on behalf of hundreds of beverage distributors in New Brunswick.
We are searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our team to help build innovative technologies that support Encorp’s recycling objectives.
The Senior Software Developer works within a small IT team and plays a key role in planning, designing, building, and deploying various applications deployed on-premises and in the cloud. The right candidate is expected to have a varied skillset and knowledge of various technologies to provide guidance and recommendations on application design and best practices.
Software Architecture and Quality
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements.
- Develop detailed designs and specifications for new applications or improvements to existing applications.
- Define and implement coding standards.
- Responsible for code quality across all applications.
- Assist in planning, building, maintenance, and documentation of required infrastructure to support applications.
- Assist in security planning.
- Lead the elaboration and implementation of testing methodologies and CI/CD strategies.
- Assess technical debt and areas of improvement in applications.
- Write, modify, and integrate software code.
- Plan, configure and implement the deployment of applications.
- Maintain existing applications by making modifications as required.
- Participate in database administration and maintenance.
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes, and solutions.
A minimum of five years of experience as a Software Developer is required. The Senior Software Developer position requires that the incumbent possess a relevant diploma or degree from a recognized university or college.
Experience should include:
- Web and mobile application development (Full Stack).
- Desktop application development.
- SQL database development and management.
- Cloud infrastructure development and maintenance.
- Developing and implementing strategies for QA and CI/CD.
- Experience with front-end web and mobile technologies (React, React Native).
- Experience in web API development (.NET).
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, testing frameworks and testing methodologies.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Git source control.
- Achievement orientated – an ability to take initiative, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage time and priorities.
- Ability to plan, analyze, solve problems, make critical decisions, and assess risks.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work without sustained supervision, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate technology advice and knowledge sharing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and flexible.
Work With Us
You will be working with a small, dynamic, and flexible team that is here to help you succeed.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program (health, vision & dental plan, RRSP matching, health & fitness benefit). We also value and provide continuous development and training.
If you wish to apply, send your cover letter and CV to Tim Pidgeon – IT & Engineering Team Lead – email@example.com – before April 23, 2023.