Position to Fill: Social Media & Outreach Coordinator
Encorp Atlantic is searching for a dynamic and resourceful individual with a passion for environmental issues to join its communications team.
The Social Media & Outreach Coordinator will assist Encorp’s communications team with developing, planning, and implementing innovative public outreach initiatives, social media and marketing campaigns, and events aimed at increasing beverage container recycling rates in New Brunswick.
The successful candidate will be provided mentoring and training by the Communications Lead and be an integral part of Encorp’s communications team. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for the right candidate to professionally dive into a career in communications and marketing all the while making a positive impact in their community.
- Engage, educate, and encourage the public to recycle used beverage containers through multiple communications channels:
- Develop and post content to Encorp’s website.
- Develop and post content to Encorp’s social media channels, evaluate the effectiveness of social media strategies and increase reach and effectiveness through targeted promotions with an allocated social media budget.
- Help create and distribute public education and promotional materials related to beverage container recycling, such as videos, presentations, brochures, signs, swag, etc.
- Respond to phone, email and social media public inquiries related to beverage container recycling.
- Coordinate and promote Encorp’s Recycling Heroes initiative:
- Process grants applications for community clean-ups, award grants, distribute promotional materials/swag to successful applicants and publish success stories on Encorp’s website and social media channels.
- Launch a School Recycling Program, recruit schools to participate, and act as the primary contact/liaison between schools, redemption centres and Encorp.
- Help Encorp increase beverage container recycling opportunities in outdoor/public spaces and events via outreach work with municipalities, towns/villages, non-profits, and other groups.
- Collaborate with Encorp’s communications and IT teams in promoting the launch of an upcoming province-wide express recycling service, specifically by helping to create web and social media content as well as seeking out community-based promotional opportunities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Expertise Required:
The Social Media & Outreach Coordinator position requires that the successful candidate possess an undergraduate degree from a recognized university or college with specialization in communications or marketing or another discipline related to the position, coupled with the following:
- Knowledge of communications/marketing methods and trends.
- Experience creating engaging content and ads for social media and evaluating their performance.
- Experience in graphic design and web applications (asset).
- Experience in producing audio-video-web material (asset).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (English and French) with excellent oral and writing skills in at least one of these official languages. (Fluency in both languages will be considered a strong asset.)
- Strategic planning skills
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative and work without constant supervision
- Problem-solving skills.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to the attention of Nathalie Landry (email@example.com).
Deadline to apply: February 17, 2023
Start date: Spring 2023 – to be determined depending on the right candidate’s availability.
(Note that while this position requires a diploma from a university or college, Encorp will also consider applications from 2023 grads who are finishing their studies this spring/summer. For such candidates, there would be the possibility of starting the position part-time until completion of studies, after which, work would be full-time.)