We’re hiring! Position to fill: Communications Officer
2-year contract (full-time) with the possibility of extension leading to permanent employment.
Encorp Atlantic is searching for a dynamic and resourceful individual with a passion for environmental issues to fill a Communications Officer position.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Communications Officer will be responsible for the development, planning and implementation of innovative public relations and outreach projects/initiatives, campaigns, and events.
This 2-year contract is for the replacement of an employee on maternity leave. The successful candidate will be provided training and coaching by the outgoing Communications Officer. As the organization is growing and its demands in communications are increasing, there is a strong possibility the successful candidate could become part of the team on a permanent basis at the end of the 2-year contract.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- With guidance from Encorp’s Communication Committee, manage a corporate public relations strategy to position and promote Encorp and the value of a well-run beverage container recycling program in Atlantic Canada.
- Create promotional campaigns to demonstrate the value of beverage container recycling.
- Maximize opportunities to engage with key stakeholders and the public through multiple communications channels (events, social media, stakeholder outreach).
- Help manage corporate events as well as public outreach events for Encorp and its recycling research pilot projects, including developing briefing materials, promotions, speeches and visual presentations for proposed events and activities.
- Maintain Encorp’s official website and its related recycling research pilot project websites.
- Coordinate the design, production and distribution of internal publications (i.e., Annual Report, RC Journal, Distributor Journal), external communications, presentations, signs, documents, etc. as required.
- Develop and post content to social media for Encorp and its pilot projects, evaluate the effectiveness of social media strategies and increase reach and effectiveness through targeted promotions with an allocated social media budget.
- Provide customer service related to Encorp’s recycling research pilot projects and assist the team with all communications (emails, website, social media, etc.) related to these projects.
- Lead branding and marketing efforts for Encorp’s upcoming provincial express recycling program and work with the team to create content for a website, social media channels, customer information & interface applications, and all advertising surrounding the launch of this program.
- Provide advice on improvements to the Encorp communications and public relations strategies.
- Prepare reports and presentations for the Board as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Expertise Required:
The Communication Officer position requires that the incumbent possess a degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization in communications or marketing or another discipline related to the position, coupled with the following:
- Experience in and sound knowledge of public relations, communications/marketing methods and trend.
- Experience managing communications on social media.
- Experience in media relations (asset).
- Experience in graphic design and web applications (asset).
- Experience in producing audio-video-web material (asset).
- Strategic planning skills.
- Excellent communication, mobilizing interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills in English and French, both oral and written
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to take the initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Problem-solving skills.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to the attention of Encorp Atlantic’s General Manager, Pierre Landry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline to apply: June 30, 2021