Job Opportunities at Encorp
Full-time, permanent contract.
Encorp Atlantic is searching for a resourceful individual to fill an immediate Senior Accountant position.
The main purpose of the Senior Accountant is to provide accounting and administrative support and services to the Vice President, Finance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month-end Balance Sheet Reconciliation: Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all month-end balance sheet account reconciliations, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Variance Analysis: Conduct thorough variance analysis for both expense and revenue accounts, identifying trends, outliers, and potential cost-saving opportunities.
- Financial Statement Preparation: Provide vital support in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Forecasting and Budgeting: Assist in the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Journal Entry Management: Manage the input and documentation of all journal entries, ensuring proper classifications and adhering to accounting standards and compliance.
- Accounts Receivables Management: Oversee accounts receivables to maintain healthy cash flows, monitor outstanding invoices, and work closely with internal stakeholders to expedite collections.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Analysis: Perform in-depth analysis and reporting of KPIs, presenting actionable insights and recommendations to enhance financial performance.
- Brand Owner Audits: Execute brand owner audits, ensuring compliance with contractual agreements while maintaining accurate records and documentation.
- Process Improvement: Continuously seek opportunities to enhance accounting processes and streamline financial operations, contributing to increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Data Integrity: Maintain data accuracy and integrity within the financial systems, ensuring the quality and reliability of financial information.
Education and Expertise Required:
The Senior Accountant position requires that the incumbent have a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and office administration.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor of Accounting and have at least 3 years of experience working in an accounting department. Candidates studying toward a CPA are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to dissect complex financial data and provide strategic insights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including advanced functions and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Sage Accounting software.
- Prior experience in a Not-For-Profit or nonprofit environment.
- Substantial experience in auditing.
- Ability to take initiative, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to manage information using effective filing methods and by using computerized information management systems.
- Ability to work with a large amount of confidential information and manage several budgets to accommodate business needs.
- Ability to work with and collaborate on projects with various employees in the company.
The Senior Accountant position requires fluency in both official languages (English and French).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to the attention of Colette Boucher – Vice President, Finance, Encorp Atlantic / Atlantique (email@example.com)
Deadline to apply: January 2, 2024