All beverage products distributors in the province must register with the New Brunswick Department of Environment and Local Government.
Beverage Containers Program
New Brunswick Department of Environment and Local Government
Tel: (506) 453.7945
Information About the Beverage Containers Program for Distributors
- New Brunswick’s Beverage Containers Program
- Beverage Containers Act
- 99-66 General Regulation – Beverage Containers Act
- Guidelines: Beverage Container Labelling Requirements
- Beverage Container Registration Form
- Distributor Registration and Contact Information Form
Which Containers Are Deposit-Bearing?
Take note! As of April 1, 2020, changes to the Beverage Containers Program Exclusion Policy have come into effect. Many beverage containers that used to be excluded from the program are now deposit-bearing.
All new deposit-bearing beverage containers must be registered via the Department of Environment and Local Government.
Official information communicated by the New Brunswick Department of Environment and Local Government to beverage product distributors regarding these changes can be viewed below.
- Notice from the Department of Environment and Local Government
- Updated Exclusion Policy – Beverage Containers Program – Department of Environment and Local Government
Tools & information developed by Encorp Atlantic to help beverage product distributors understand these changes:
- Beverages GST/HST Info Sheet
This info sheet by the Canada Revenue Agency describes how the GST/HST applies to beverages.